суббота, 4 июня 2011 г.

How To: Rolled Fabric Flowers



So I am jumping on the bandwagon and loving all the rolled fabric flowers I've seen here and there. We decided to make some with the girls in our church youth group, but I couldn't find a great tutorial on how to make them so I played around and this is what I came up with.
Enjoy!
Photobucket
Start with about a 1" ripped strip of fabric (you can use any width...this was the width I liked best). The length and weight of your fabric will dictate the end diameter of your flower.

Photobucket

Fold the strip in half and dot a little fabric glue on the end 1/2" or so.

Photobucket

Roll the glued end a few times to get a nice tight center.

Photobucket

Then, once you have a center you like, start twist/folding your fabric away from the center as you roll.
Photobucket

It will start to look like this. Periodically secure the layers with fabric glue as you go.

Photobucket

Continue rolling until you have a flower that is sized the way you like, but make sure you leave at least a 1" or 2" tail (enough to cover flower bottom).

Photobucket
Spread glue all over the bottom side of the flower.

Photobucket
Then fold tail down to cover glue. Press flat with your fingers.

Photobucket

Then trim off the excess fabric.

Photobucket

Use felt to secure them alone or in groups to make headbands, pins, necklaces, or dare I suggest earrings?

And the upside to letting my hair go back to its --ahem-- more natural darker shade of blond is that I might be able to pull off this color of yellow finally.

Maybe.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий